Thursday, August 13, 2009

The first








To me it seemed fitting that my first post on a blog of my photographs be of a photo I didn't take. It was taken by a friend who bought me my first camera, a complicated professional thing that still is way out of my league. The funny thing is that despite never having owned a similar camera caliber (he doesn’t even possess a point and shoot himself) he upon giving it to me, turned it over a few times, pushed all its buttons, scrolled through its menu and then begin to take amazing photos like this one.

I, on the other hand, went to three Barnes and Nobles, checked out on-line reviews of manuals for the thing, finally settled on a 350 page tome, read it over a period of a few weeks, then put it down, picked up the phone and called aforementioned friend to ask him, how do I x? How do I y? how do I z? I still do.

I figure there is really only one thing you need to know about me at this point that is important: I have really good people in my life. It's inexplicable. Amazing family, incredible friends. This photo, taken by one such person, is so fitting because I often think, I learned to fly from them. Oh, yes, I went there. Enough sentimental stickiness? Oh, you'll get used to it.

More about me? Later…

No comments:

Post a Comment